Solidarity Across Borders is organizing a two-day conference to discuss and share strategies about building and reinforcing local networks of mutual aid and support, as well as assuring access to free and quality services related to health, education, food, housing, shelters and more, for non-status migrants and all residents of Montreal. We’re inviting local community members, organizers, activists and all people interested in this topic.
Workshop-Discussions-Panels during the weekend:
Supporting Indigenous Sovereignty & Self-determination (with Ellen Gabriel, Amanda Lickers, C. Monge & Chelsea Vowel) * Education For All! * Food for All! * Resisting Gentrification in Montreal * Deportation, Prison & the Double Punishment of migrants * Making shelters safer spaces for all * Immigration support: a strategy session * Health Care For All! * No Borders Movements & Building Solidarity Cities across North America (New York City, Toronto, Vancouver & Montreal)
WHEN : Saturday, November 23 & Sunday, November 24, 9am-5pm
WHERE : 1455 de Maisonneuve West, 7th floor, métro Guy-Concordia
* Childcare and kids activities on-site (free)
* Whisper translation (English, French, Spanish)
* Wheelchair accessible
* Breakfast and free lunch available on-site
* Please confirm your participation (email@example.com / 438-933-7654)
* This event is for migrants, community organizers and allies
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 23
* 9am-10am: Breakfast and Coffee
* 10am-12pm: A) Opening Panel: Supporting Indigenous Sovereignty & Self-determination (with Ellen Gabriel, Amanda Lickers, C. Monge & Chelsea Vowel)
* 12pm-1:30pm: Lunch
* 1:30pm-3pm: Workshops: B) Education For All!; C) Food for All! Status for All!
* 3:30pm-5pm: Workshops: D) Resisting Gentrification in Montreal; E) Deportation, Prison & the Double Punishment of migrants
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24
* 9:30am-10am: Breakfast and Coffee
* 10am-12pm: Workshop: F) Making shelters safer spaces for all
* 12pm-1pm: Lunch
* 1pm-2:30pm: Workshops:G) Immigration support: a strategy session; H) Health Care For All!
* 3pm-5pm: I) Panel: No Borders Movements & Building Solidarity Cities across North America (New York City, Toronto, Vancouver & Montreal)
[FULL DESCRIPTIONS HERE]
-> You can attend the discussions that directly interest you, or the entire two days. The discussions will be organized to share strategies between participants. We are hoping that concrete projects will emerge from this day.
-> Please confirm your attendance (and if possible, which workshops you are interested in attending).
-> The conference is fully wheelchair accessible. For other accessibility needs, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
-> We will also be offering free childcare and kids activities on-site. Please contact us (at least 48 hours in advance, if possible) to request childcare. We will also have free bus/metro tickets available.
ENDORSE the Solidarity City Declaration:
We encourage Montreal-area organizations and groups to discuss and collectively sign the Solidarity City declaration, which is linked here: www.solidarityacrossborders.org/fr/solidarity-city/solidarity-city-declaration
PASC has signed the SOLIDARITY CITY declaration.